Exchange Account

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I have an office365 account, which I also uses as microsoft account. I have done hard recent just now and signed in with that account as microsoft account, but now I have to setup it as exchange account to receive my emails properly. But when i try to do so it says account already exist. What to do ? Before I was using the same way but after hard reset this issue arises. Please tell some solution. Thanks

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I assume you have an Office 365 Business account? You should be able to add an Exchange account. Remember that the password may be different than what your Microsoft account is, even if it uses the same login/e-mail address.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I assume you have an Office 365 Business account? You should be able to add an Exchange account. Remember that the password may be different than what your Microsoft account is, even if it uses the same login/e-mail address.

Also, your username may not be what your email address is as well with office 365.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

SYED FURQAN ALAM

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that also but it says it already exist because user name is same.

But i have found a solution, I changed my primary alias by loging on hotmail.com and when after some time the alias changed on mobile and i setup exchange account

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that also but it says it already exist because user name is same.

But i have found a solution, I changed my primary alias by loging on hotmail.com and when after some time the alias changed on mobile and i setup exchange account

I use the same e-mail address as my Microsoft account and my Office 365 Business account. I'm able to add both without a problem, one as a Microsoft account, the other as an Exchange account, same login ID but different passwords. Of course there is no Hotmail so I have e-mail sync turned off (unchecked) on the Microsoft account. Anyway, glad you got it to work.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i dont know whats the problem, before I was using it the same way on windows phone 8.1 developer preview but when i updated to lumia cyan this issue arises

Interesting. I am doing it with the Cyan update with no problems but I have a 1520. I updated to Update 1 via the DP now but it worked fine before I did that and still does after the update.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
BTW what you suggest should I continue with cyan or get updated to WP 8.1 update 1?

Well, that depends. You will get the update officially at some point, maybe in a couple of months. If you are affected by any of issues that the update fixes, then you might want to update early. For example, if some websites you regularly visit are not displaying properly, the updated browser might fix the problem. Some people might benefit from L2TP VPN support to connect to their office. Others may benefit from the ability to create folders on the start screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon