Cortana news sources

Quicky

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
While I like the idea of Cortana showing me the top stories for today, is there any way to customise the news sources that are used to display headlines. For example, I never want to see a headline from Britain's fear-mongering inspiration for racial hatred and letchery that is the Daily Mail. Can I disable those twats somehow?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Bollocks. It's thoroughly 1984. "I know your interests. You like News! Here's News*!"

*the news I want you to see
Cortana is smart enough to know that you hate them ;)
All you have to do is view anything worth viewing, and ignore everything else.

And, yes, I know how you feel. I hate having my anime news served up to me...from those who don't even watch it.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Is it not possible to delete News Headlines as an interest, and leave only the news subjects you're interested in, which are tied (at least mine are) to Bing News subjects and the news sources you've chosen? Obviously you'd lose headlines, but then Bing News is better at those anyway.

Quicky

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
No, but good suggestion. I just tried that, and despite me having unchecked the Daily Mail from all Bing News sources, when Cortana shows me the "latest in sports news", the third headline, and I'm assuming most important from their perspective, is the Daily Mail with "She's got big goals! Rihanna wants to buy a football club!" There's literally no escaping them.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, this has just highlighted another problem, in that even though I've left the gutter press unchecked as news sources in the Bing News app, it still displays Daily Fail articles within the topics I've chosen. Perhaps you're right, it can't be escaped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos