Nokia lumia 625-windows 8

W

WPCentral Question

Is there a way to get back photos from the Recycle bin ?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No it's not a problem, just sometimes may take me a day of two to reply.
A few questions to help me out
1) Did you buy it brand new
2) Did you create a new Microsoft account when setting it up or did you use an existing one
3) How old is your Skype account and is it linked to your Microsoft account
4) Is you phone Windows Phone 8 or 8.1
I'll probably think of more but these give me some background info.
Cheers

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, not sure as I'm not a Skype user (tried it out but didn't keep it) but when setting up the app did you log on using your Skype password? I know they've been changing a lot of stuff with the service so you may need to link it to your Microsoft account. At the time I could only do this on a pc. Once linked you can then log into Skype using your Microsoft username and password.

At sometime in the near future you should get the 8.1 update to your phone, this makes it a lot better and also some apps now work better regarding their notifications.

Let me know how you go.

iildi

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Microsoft account, but I have to check it out, is it connected with Skype, or not? Actually, Skype works on Nokia, the problem is ''just '' the sound when someone calls me. (It's missing). I can call , without a problem. Does that mean, that Skype IS connected to Microsoft acc., or it's just an irrelevant fact? Anyway, some other Nokia- Windows users have problems with this as well. And especially with Viber. No, I don't have to enter the password each time, and Skype do updates automatically. I'll get the 8.1 to Nokia, but it isn't available yet, am I right ? Will inform you about my '' progress'', thanks so much for helping me. ( I should have taken android, since I heard, it's much more simple than W 8 is. ) See you, and CHEERS ! :)

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes you should get the update, it depends on your network provider for when but you can check up on that on Nokia's Cyan update page.
For Skype ringing sound have you tried Settings/Notifications + actions? Then check the settings for Skype.
Android is actually supposed to be more difficult, the Skype problems you are getting are more to do with the app, although to be fair you shouldn't be getting any.

iildi

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello ! Sorry, I couldn't answer you up to know, since I wasn't at home almost all day long. I've received your message late last night, (by my timezone), so decided to postpone the answer since I was really very tired. I didn't try yet the Skype -stuff, but I'll a bit later, since I have to make something for dinner. Thank you so much for your advice, I'll inform you about the results of my ''action''! :) HAGD !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon