FM Radio not working

W

WPCentral Question

FM radio function on my wp8.1 phone (Lumia 1020) is not working due to an access problem. After pressing tile MUSIC and then RADIO I get this message:

This action is supportet for signed in subscribers only.

Where do I have to sign in to get access to the FM radio in the FM radio app, please?

NB. I just hear that Lumia 930 might have same problem

Best Regards
Michael

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
FM radio function on my wp8.1 phone (Lumia 1020) is not working due to an access problem. After pressing tile MUSIC and then RADIO I get this message:

This action is supportet for signed in subscribers only.

Where do I have to sign in to get access to the FM radio in the FM radio app, please?

NB. I just hear that Lumia 930 might have same problem

Best Regards
Michael

You fell for what is addmittedly a little confusing. The radio you're referring to isn't the FM radio you're looking for. It's where Xbox Live Music subscribers can stream online content. The app you're looking for is called FM Radio and can be found in the app list. Not in the Xbox Live Music app. ;)

Michael Nielsen3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok, then my next problem is how to get the app FM Radio working. The app opens op and I can swipe the frequencies, but it don't stop (no stations found), the only thing I can hear in the headphones is noise.

Any suggestions to get the FM receiver to work, any menu to select it on/off

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, then my next problem is how to get the app FM Radio working. The app opens op and I can swipe the frequencies, but it don't stop (no stations found), the only thing I can hear in the headphones is noise.

Any suggestions to get the FM receiver to work, any menu to select it on/off

Plug in some headphones. Their cable is used as antenna. Without it you won't receive anything unless you're close to the place where the radio station is sending from.

Michael Nielsen3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Plug in some headphones. Their cable is used as antenna. Without it you won't receive anything unless you're close to the place where the radio station is sending from.

I just tested my headphones on a Lumia 630 and it works fine with the FM radio app. I am afraid it is a hardware problem as I think I have ruled all other options out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa