Help/Advice on purchasing decision

Richard Moore

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm finding myself very indecisive about a new WP. Maybe someone can give me some reasonable advice.
Background:
In USA
Currently on Verizon with an HTC 8X.

My 8X has been acting a little buggy the past few months so I'm really ready to upgrade. I want a high end phone and I really like the ICON, which just happens to be free right now with a 2 yr contract. Is there any reason to wait for something better? My 8X could hold out a few more months but I don't know if I can.

Any advice?
Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I were in your shoes and wanted something top-of-the-line, the Icon would be my choice. (Runner up, the Samsung ATIV SE)

Now, there is a Windows Phone version of the acclaimed HTC One (M8) that is right around the corner (like, all signs point to imminent) for VZW that you may want to wait for if the Android M8's hardware catches your eye.

But as far as more high-end hardware, Nokia/MS looks like its going to be filling out the mid-range now for a little bit and the Icon/930/1520's hardware is probably going to be as good as it gets for a little while.

TL;DR: Go for the Icon or ATIV SE, or wait a little bit for the announcement of the "HTC One (M8) for Windows".

Richard Moore

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.
I read about the HTC One M8 a few days ago, and I saw the rumors today about the 830. They both look like excellent choices, but I'm really drawn towards the 5 inch screen. I just don't want to suffer through a 2 yr contract with "buyers remorse". YKWIM?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
I read about the HTC One M8 a few days ago, and I saw the rumors today about the 830. They both look like excellent choices, but I'm really drawn towards the 5 inch screen. I just don't want to suffer through a 2 yr contract with "buyers remorse". YKWIM?

I think the 830 is still a midrange device.
well, surely you could swap out your device, (they're all worth a significant amount of money) since if I wanted, I could try to sell or trade my 920 for say, a Galaxy or some other phone with ATT being none the wiser. Well they'll know, but shouldn't matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb