On Cyan but cant update gdr 8.1 update 1

W

WPCentral Question

Dear all

It has been a very frustrating event for me.
Im on developer preview.
Nokia 925, OS version : 8.10.12397.895
Lumia CYAN

Initially, when I try to update past 8.10.12397.895, it would download but during 'preparing to install' at about 13% it would say file downloaded but package could not be opened.

So I waited for around 1-2 weeks later and tried again. Prior to that, I have not done any form of rest (hard nor soft).

Thereafter, it managed to get past the 13% installation part. What infuriated me was that, at the spinning gear, the phone auto restart and gave me that worldwide error 0x80188308.

I tried soft rest and factory reset but to no avail. I have lost some data and settings including apps, even though I had done backup.

I'm living in Singapore with a Singtel carrier. Had set phone region and language to English (US) to get cortana.

I would appreciate if somebody, anybody, to shed some informative light here...

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Joe Belfiore already spoke on Twitter, there were two errors, one that was fixed, and the other (yours) related to low storage that hasn't yet been fixed, stop resetting your phone, that'll do no good nor will make the error go. Just sit tight and wait for a fix, if possible follow @joebelfiore on Twitter to be up-to-date about this fix.
F.Y.I.: It's a low storage problem on the system partition, so no matter how much you empty your phone and delete all apps, you'll still have this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte