Windows Phone keyboard auto correct

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey forums. I've been using Windows phone for about 6 months and I came from android. One thing I miss about android was the aggressiveness of the autocorrect on the keyboard. Is there a way to change this on windows phone? Android used to have under settings and keyboard options how aggressive it was (moderate, aggressive, etc) there isn't a setting like that on windows phone. That's one thing is miss about android. ie: I type in keybord but it doesn't autocorrect it to keyboard. I'm using a Lumia Icon runnng 8.1 update 1.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean it is not auto correcting?

It is probably because you have either added the words to dictionary or kept making typos :winktongue: (it learns your habits, keep doing something frequently and it won't auto correct that miss spelt word as it will start to think it was intentional, - to reset all words added to the dictionary manually or automatically, go to keyboard under settings --> click on advance --> reset suggestions). When I first got my phone, one of first things I did was test out the keyboard I deliberately made typos constantly and after awhile it stopped auto correcting those typos.

I have been using Wp8 for almost two years and I can tell you hands down word flow is the best one out of everything I have used (I have used iphones, windows mobile phones, android, blackberry physical & touch keyboards). Plus it is aggressive (but not overly aggressive) and context sensitive. Shape writing is the icing on the cake, this is similar to swype on android.

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Runnng should've been auto corrected to running. It gives the suggestions but I think that it should just correct it. The keyboard autocorrect is probably as aggressive as a mosquito biting an elephant. :p

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to remove an individual prediction? That is one of the things I really miss about SwiftKey (SwiftKey actually was what prevented me from switching to WP sooner). I have had some "interesting" suggestions made that are words I am certain I will never use on my phone (or in polite company). It would be nice to prevent them from coming up. Overall though, I am quite impressed with the WP keyboard. While it doesn't have all of the features I used to use (like Evernote and messaging syncing so it would predict things you write about), it does seem to learn quickly and hasn't slowed me down much.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on iOS with the 5s, and I had an LG G2 before that... before that was all windows phones (HTC HD7 @ launch, then moved over to AT&T and got the Titan 2, still one of my favorite devices of all time) then I had/have a Nokia Lumia 920.

I miss the keyboard and the autocorrect on windows phone. It never changed my words to type stupid things like on Android and iOS....if the App gap gets closed completely for me, I will be back with Windows Phone in a heart beat.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital