Music in the sd card disappears

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem as of late where music synced using Windows Media Player to my Lumia 620 running WP8 GDR3 just dissapears from both the music app and Mix Radio. I can clearly see the folders in the SD card but the music just don't shows up in the phone for reproduction.

I have noted that it happens with .wma files I synched using windows media player, the music shows up after the synch but a day or hours later is nowhere to be found. I have also noted that it usually happens after connecting the phone to the computer, no file transfer involved, just connecting to charge the phone with the computer usb port. I have already even tried the nuclear option and deleted all music on the sd card and then try a few synched folders... to no avail.

MP3's of folders manually placed on the music folder of sd card work fine. And no, I'd rather not place manually the WMA files, as then the albums show up with no art, which is a pain in the *** for large music collections.

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
MPAtool only works in wp8, not wp 8.1, but yes it would work with my phone as of now. The problem is that most of the music in my collection is classical and it is complicated to get covers for it. The problem is, namely, what to search: composer, orchestra, director, soloist? It is a perennial pain, independently of the platform, the thing is that it is already "well sorted" in my WMP collection.

Regarding the sd card it is a Kingston 32 gb micro sd card. Maybe not the most premium of all cards but not one of the el-cheapo ones. And let me insist, the music still shows up if I dig into the folders and yes, all files are there and they play in the computer is just that the music/mix radio apps don't find them. And it only happens with wma files synched via wmp. Funky problem, I know, thanks for the help.

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, update, it screws all music, irrespective of format... as long as it was synched via Windows Media Player. It goes like this: one synchs via WMP and if it stops/fails to synch (which definitely happens frequently) then ALL music synched from WMP stops appearing in the player. Let me insist, the folders and all the respective files are still in the SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon