Installed app not showing up

mpethe

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 Cyan

Question: I uninstalled Bing Weather because of its terrible inaccuracy. I decided to try Weatherbug and it hung during the install. I powered off the phone and when I went back to check the status of the installation, it appeared to finish quickly as normal. The problem is that the app doesn't appear on my phone; it's not in the apps list. When I go back to the Store and search for the app, it shows as already being installed.

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
In the store, tap the ... at the bottom and select downloads, then swipe right to history. Does WeatherBug show there? If so, tap it to go to the store page and from there, tap the View button. It should show it in your app list.

If it is not in the history list, it should show in the uninstalled apps list... In the store, tap the ... at the bottom and select My Apps. This will take you to the list of apps you've installed/uninstalled. If WeatherBug shows there, you can tap it to reinstall.

Last resort... on your computer, got to Windowsphone dot com (sorry, can't paste a link in the Ask a Question forum) and sign in (click on Explore My Phone), then go back to that same menu (now showing your name) and select Purchase history. You can reinstall all apps you've ever downloaded from here (unless the app is no longer published or won't work with Windows 8.1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720