Music or Audiobook player app

W

WPCentral Question

Hello all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 630. Windows Phone 8.1.

I need a FREE app that is very simple to use. It just plays mp3 files that I have copied over via USB from my PC to the phone storage area.

The mp3 files in question are audio books that are sometimes quite long (1 hour+) and I am not able to finish listening to them in one session.

It must have the ability to remember or bookmark track position at whatever time I left of. i.e. If I stopped listening at 5 minutes and 23 seconds, to be able to bookmark it and come back to it later.

I have searched far and wide and not found a somple solution for this.

Please provide suggestions if you can.

hmir79

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Tried Audio Books Player. It is extremely buggy and crashes all the time.

AudioLibre is not the type of application I wanted nor is MixRadio.

All I want is a basic music player app that saves the position where I stopped listening to the mp3 file so I can come back to it later and resume from that position without having to manually write the time value down on a notepad or something.

If I can't do something basic like that, than Windows Phone is a complete waste of space and I'll just have to go back to Android.

shmaun

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
That is what I have been using. Has lost my save place a couple of times but usually doesn't and can be a bit slow to start playing on opening but it does work well. Has had some updates but I haven't needed to use it recently so not sure if these problems have been fixed. Still I recommend it.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
One solution that may work for you is to change the genre tag to PODCAST in the ID3 tag of the MP3 files. This way, your Windows Phone will open the file as a podcast instead of a music MP3 file. That way, it will pick up where it previously left off, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2