nokia lumia 1020 cyan update in canada

Chadd Williams

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok so basically I just bought a 1020 from the Microsoft store in canada unlocked. I had a 920 from rogers, so I put that sim in the 1020. I tried updating to cyan and 8.1 but it can't find anything. I've checked everywhere and I am 100% sure that it is available for the 1020 for rogers, so I just wanted to know if unlocked phones get updated after carrier locked phones, and if so, is there any site that shows if and when they will be released, like they have for carriers. (I don't want to do the dev preview on this phone, I have my 920 to test out new stuff)

TerryMcIntee

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked 1020.

Was using the 8.1 Developer Preview for some time (no Cyan). Decided today to remove it today using the 'Nokia Software Recovery Tool'.

Expected this would take me back to Phone 8, so I could get the update at some point. But to my surprise it upgraded me to 8.1, with cyan (ver 3051.50009.1424.0000). So I guess this may be a manual update route, though you really are wiping your phone, which is a bit nerve racking.

Backup allowed me to restore just about everything (apps included, also adding a few Nokia ones I didn't want) but my photos did not seem to sync back with phone even though I see them in onedrive (not sure what is up with that yet).

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It is out, heck it was out before the 920. As Terry mentioned if you're using the Developer Preview, you have to revert back to Windows 8.0, which will delete everything from your phone, so back it up first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism