Deleting apps and contacts

W

WPCentral Question

Why can't I delete this weather app? It keeps trying to update, but it never works. I am also unable to delete old twitter contacts from my people hub...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Which weather app? And when you say you can't delete it, I'm assuming you've gone to the apps list and selected uninstall? Are you running 8.0 or 8.1 with Cortana? Cortana will use Bing weather to get weather information. You can turn off weather by going into Cortana's settings > interests > weather.

As for those Twitter contacts... You've probably connected your Twitter account to your Microsoft ID? Go to Outlook dot com and see if those old tweeters are still there. Tap/click your name and go to account settings. In left column, select Related Accounts > Manage apps and services. To lose those old Twitter contacts, make sure you aren't following them on Twitter, then disconnect/reconnect in your Microsoft account.

On your WP, go to settings > email + accounts. Tap/hold your Microsoft account and sync.

Lastly, if the tweeters are still hanging on, go to the People Hub. At the top of the screen, you'll see the people heading, then contacts subheading, then a link stating showing some/all accounts. Tap that link. Deselect Twitter and tap checkmark to accept change. Then reselect and accept that change.

I don't know if you'll have to go through all these steps, but those are all the places that are sourcing your People Hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes