Overheat problem and battery drain Lumia 1520

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing a heating issue and it cause to drain battery fast it happens lot in Developer preview then after Lumia cyan upgrade I get that same issue again so anyone know how to fix this issue?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can try a soft reset first and see if that clears it up.

Soft reset -> hold volume down and power button together until phone vibrates. Phone will restart, no personal data is lost.

If not your best bet is a hard reset - Settings -> About -> Phone reset. Be sure to backup prior to doing this.

If you still experience issues you can use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool - FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

This worked best for me when I had this issue. Again be sure to backup.

yoitsbenvo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Best thing you can do is turn off the phone, let it sit there for 10 minutes or so. I've gotten 2 Lumia 1520's and they both have overheated. I just let it sit to cool down, cancel all background task, turn off Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, etc. Hope this helps.

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me yesterday. Just soft reset, correct the time, shutdown and let it cool for awhile. Most of the time this is due to some app that failed to exit properly or suddenly eats alot of resources. In my case, the culprit was the new clock plus app I downloaded. So i just uninstalled it. I don't think though that this is a L1520 exclusive problem. My L620 used to have this kind of problem. So as other Lumia units in another forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes