All used to work fine until today. While in driving directions the phone hang than after restarting it if I press the button once to lock the phone instead of locking the phone shutdown screen would show up. Even if I discard the shutdown screen it will shutdown by itself, and than keep resetting for a while. I've done a factory reset - did not solve the issue. Any ideas if its the broken power button or a software issue?
    09-07-2014 07:23 PM
    All used to work fine until today. While in driving directions the phone hang than after restarting it if I press the button once to lock the phone instead of locking the phone shutdown screen would show up. Even if I discard the shutdown screen it will shutdown by itself, and than keep resetting for a while. I've done a factory reset - did not solve the issue. Any ideas if its the broken power button or a software issue?
    Sounds like the power button is "glued" when pressed as if it acts like you're holding it when you're tapping, the solution for this (if you have the tools) is just to reseat the flex cable and clean the power button from any dead skin or whatever that's in the power button.
    09-07-2014 08:45 PM