Just switched from Apple -- Photos not in chronological order...

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,

I just made the switch from Apple to an HTC One M8 for Windows and couldn't be happier, except for one nagging issue...

In order to transfer my images/videos, I initially used iPhoto on my Air to import the data from the iPhone, and then used "Windows Phone" program to transfer the data to my M8. However, the images are not in chronological order and it is astoundingly irritating. I tried to search the forums for a similar issue/resolution but could not find one, so I am sorry if I am duplicating a previous query.

Please let me know if there is a fix to this issue. If I need to delete the data on my phone and retransfer, using some other, more proven, method, that would be fine with me as well. Also, does the "Photos" tile cycle through images from only a particular album/section? Ever since I selected 4 images to my "Favorites", the tile has only displayed 1/4 images.

Okay, thank you very much for your help! I genuinely appreciate it.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Where do the transferred images show up, the camera roll or saved pictures?

What I have done for some iphone users is a manual drag & drop of all the images / relevant folders onto a PC and then copied them over via drag & drop onto phone both were plugged in via usb (using CopyTrans to copy from the iphone - can't stand itunes). That hasn't caused any issues, otherwise would have heard them by now :p.

http://www.copytrans.net/

OneM8

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The images show up as separate albums, not in saved pictures or camera roll, as they are broken down by date. However these "albums" are not in any particular order... And under the "all photos" tab, the pictures are not in chronological order.

Maybe I'll try using that program you linked to transfer the images instead, though I hope by PC you simply just meant a PC and not apple or windows lol

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see, main reason I did that way is at least this way the have a back up of their images. My cousin dropped his iphone and for days on end he was in a state as his "entire life" just vanished as he didn't even bother backing up :grincry:.

My appologies, when I said PC I meant windows as CopyTrans don't have an installer for Mac's unfortunately, so you would need to either use a virtual machine or run windows via boot camp.

http://www.copytrans.net/support/how-to-use-copytrans-contacts-on-mac-os-x/

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh you poor soul. Iphoto is horrible at this (Not Apples brightestmoment in history). I have no tip but really hope you get it sorted. It is a horrible problem and the way iPhoto does things... your not alone I can tell you.
Edit:
I remember Leo Laport talking about this in one of his show. It could have been "the tech guy" podcast.

Last edited:

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when upgraded my SD card, all photos lost days and location info.
How to fix?
I used my sister's 625 to format it (I didn't have the cyan), then put it in my 720, plugged it in my VAIO, and using the explorer moved all photos to it, after that I waited for about 10 minutes to refresh my content.
The problem is that videos completely lost date info, so I moved them to videos folder, and guess what, they are in the right order (by date).
Sorry for poor English.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon