Calendar changed ALL my appointments 1 hour back on first of September

W

WPCentral Question

I looked at the phone on the morning of 1st septemebr and all my appointments from hotmail and google had been changed 1 hour back. Looking on my computer confirmed that all the appointments that had been created in my windows phone had moved back an hour. Those made natively within google were unaffected.

I had date and time on automatic. I have now changed to 'Off' that option and locale London.

My thoughts are that daylight saving time might come to effect in some regions (west coast USA?) on 1st of September even though it doesn't happen in my UK locale until 21 September.

This is very inconvenient as I had literally 100's of appointments that I had to manually change and wonder if I was dreaming sometimes eg not knowing always which had been made on the phone and off. Nightmare.

Would like to know what was really going on and hope that it wont happen again ...

sweetpetee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nokia 1520. Date+Time was set, as I said, to automatic.
So as a user I would expect the time to be controlled according to locale via
location services.

And why September 1st? Seems like African countries are the only ones implementing DST
so early in the year.

Just put it down to another Microsoft 'glitch' I guess :straight:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nokia 1520. Date+Time was set, as I said, to automatic.
So as a user I would expect the time to be controlled according to locale via
location services.

And why September 1st? Seems like African countries are the only ones implementing DST
so early in the year.

Just put it down to another Microsoft 'glitch' I guess :straight:

That only happened to you, do you really believe that ?

Date & Time set to automatic are controlled by your carrier (operator).

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have seen glitches from both MS and Google over the years regarding this sort of thing, so it's not inconceivable that this is affecting him. MS still has problems with file times on OneDrive, and I'm sure Google isn't exactly bug-free yet. Good luck OP. Best bet is to try waiting it out for a couple of days, and past that check your accounts online as well.

slyon03

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I just had the SAME problem with my Nokia 630 (November 3). I was going over my calendar with my wife. Everything was fine, adding entries, making some edits and then I looked down again and ALL the times for all of my CALENDAR APPOINTMENTS were shifted an hour earlier. Does it make any sense to anybody that appointment times on a calendar would be changed by a glitch or error in a clock or timer? - Shouldn't the appointments times be independent of a clock or timer shift for Daylight Savings? any help would be appreciated. Most of my stuff is weekly repetitive and can be fixed, but I'd hate to have to do this again.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Not 8.1 only. Have a Google Calendar someone shares with me. Appointments prior to the time change are now an hour early. And suddenly, all day appointments they have now start at 7pm the night before (and end at 7pm the day of). I have unsynced calendars, removed the account completely from the phone, put it back, no change (outside of previous all day appointments that had been in place longer now being changed as well).

EDIT: also, from within Google Calendar itself, the appointments are fine.

Oddly, on 2 other WP8 devices and a WP7.5 just for fun, the appointments are correct. Timezones are all correct, the WP7.5 is a non activated VZW device that is generally off, I have a 520 that is wifi only (no SIM), a 928 with an AT&T SIM, and my ICON on Verizon. Only the ICON (daily driver, of course) is off.

Maybe I should reset it...wonder if that would fix the contact history scrolling issue I have.

Update: deleted account again, rebooted phone a couple times. Waited an hour or so, rebooted again, added G account, appointments seem to be correct for now. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes