How do I change Cover Photo on Onedrive?

W

WPCentral Question

How do I change Cover Photo on Onedrive

please help me i got WP 8.1 and when i open gallery album i found onedrive photos i opened and surprised that someone shared with me girl photo which i don't want to keep it and it became cover photo to (shared with me file ) and i deleted it but it still shown on file cover photo .how can i change it ??? i tried to let my friend share photo with me and opened ondrive photos to update this folder photo but it dose not work .PLS HELP

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I change Cover Photo on Onedrive

I have a similar question.

Go to Photo Hub / Albums / OneDrive / Saved Pictures and the 'cover photo' or album thumbnail is from a picture that is no longer in that folder.

In fact how do you chose the cover photo or thumbnail for any of the other albums in the OneDrive section.

The 'normal' albums - Camera Roll seems to be the last picture I took, Saved Pictures is the last picture I saved from the web or email or MMS, Screenshots is the last screenshot taken etc...

The OneDrive section -

Camera Roll is a picture I took about 2 months ago
OneDrive Albums, the thumbnail or cover photo is from a folder within named Public and the thumbnailed picture is not even in my Public folder on OneDrive.

It all seems very random to me and there must be some way to control it surely?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Open Photos and choose settings.

Then select a single photo or favourite photos instead of all photos.
wp_ss_20140923_0001.png

mightyspur

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I have this exact same issue.

When opening OneDrive from my Photos->Albums->Online (OneDrive) the camera roll and recent photos tile show a photo that has been deleted and not one I particularly want as the tile. There is also another tile that says Shared with Me that for some reason has spam of a topless girl taking a selfie (that was there when I first set up my OneDrive and have no idea where it came from). I have deleted all of these photos from my online OneDrive and removed them from the recycle bin, but the tiles just won't update and the Shared with me tile persists with the topless girl selfie. It is like they are cached on the phone. There is no way it seems to refresh this tile. It is driving me nuts. I don't really want to have to do a hard reset, but I can only assume it is the way to go.

EasyOn

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

@mightyspur Clutching at straws here, but in the settings option for Camera, their is a 'shuffle now' option under the start tile, try and see what happens. Like I said, clutching at straws here.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

@mightyspur Clutching at straws here, but in the settings option for Camera, their is a 'shuffle now' option under the start tile, try and see what happens. Like I said, clutching at straws here.

Thanks but, that does not change the tiles in the OneDrive part of my Photo Hub.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Try it from this angle... go to your OneDrive account online and log in. Open that folder and find the picture you want. Right-click on the picture and choose "Add as Cover". Once the device syncs, this should be your new cover photo. .... (NOTE: I had to do it this way for my android device (don't shoot me) and it worked to update the actual cover photo. I'm not sure if it's different if you are looking for a live tiles issue).

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I changed the cover via onedrive for folder (album) named Mobile uploads to a picture of myself. The phone is still showing a thumbnail of the first picture in there (sorted by date asc). So that didn't work.

If any Microsoft people who actually know the logic of which photo is thumbnailed and used on the phone, feel free to contribute.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Have same problem...really annoying me. I am glad I came across this thread...i just started one myself earlier regarding this...as soon as I get a reply I will let you know and vice versa 😊

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I changed the cover via onedrive for folder (album) named Mobile uploads to a picture of myself. The phone is still showing a thumbnail of the first picture in there (sorted by date asc). So that didn't work.

My 1520 was away for repair and when it was returned to me I reset it and restored the backup I took just before sending it away. Now the Mobile Uploads folder (album) is showing a thumbnail of the picture of myself that I set as the cover. So, it seems that it is related to this somehow.

I've just changed the cover on OneDrive. Will see if it changes on the phone over the next couple of days,

henkdeboer33

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Remove the picture from the Album

Then Got to:
-Settings
-Storage Check
-Details
-Clear Temporary File

Open the OneDrive from my Photos->Albums->Online (OneDrive)

Landslug

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info, henkdeboer33!
This worked for me. Me and a couple friends share rude photos with each other as a joke, and one of these things wound up as the album thumbnail.. I had to make sure nobody was looking over my shoulder when looking in Onedrive for something

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes