Lumia 820 Camera Accumulating Dust

Abhigyan Arora

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a Lumia 820 (India) and I'm facing a very unique problem.

So the phone is over a year old (and out of warranty now). The protruding unit that holds the back camera has started to come out a little. Not much. About a millimeter or so. But the problem is, it invites a lot of dust to come inside the phone which results in the front of the camera being peppered with tiny grains. So all my photos are a little grainy now. It hasn't disrupted any functionality of the camera or the phone, but it is a buzz-kill.

I took it to the Nokia Store where they suggested a very expensive solution of replacing the entire body or something. So that's out. A cheaper alternative was to have them clean out the dust which costs 200 bucks (around $3.5) which is not very expensive but still annoying if you have to get it done every month (yes it takes a just month for my lens to get completely foggy).

My local phone repair guy suggested that he could use an adhesive to stick the unit back, but I won't be able to take out the back. Ever.

I bought a back cover for my phone after discovering this problem, but that just slowed down the inevitable.

Any ideas/solutions/DIYs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial