How do I enable "Hey Cortana?

W

WPCentral Question

So I have a Lumia 930 that is fully updated. Cortana works great, but I can't seem to use the active listening feature activated by saying "Hey Cortana." How do I enable that, or use Cortana without pressing the search button?

webguynj

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So the 'Denim' update has begun rolling out, and I received it on my Lumia Icon yesterday, but "Hey Cortana" is not working. One of the phones listed for support of this feature is the Icon and I've even done a hard reset. I can't seem to find a setting to enable/disable the feature, so what gives? Any ideas?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So the 'Denim' update has begun rolling out, and I received it on my Lumia Icon yesterday, but "Hey Cortana" is not working. One of the phones listed for support of this feature is the Icon and I've even done a hard reset. I can't seem to find a setting to enable/disable the feature, so what gives? Any ideas?

Icon has not even gotten Cyan yet and Denim is past that... You got this: Nokia Lumias grab Extras + Info update, causes false Lumia Denim firmware sightings | Windows Central

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey Cortana only works on phones that have both the SensorCore and a Snapdragon 800 or better processor. Denim OS or better is also required. Having Denim alone won't enable Hey Cortana without the required hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon