Xbox Music crashing after recent update?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys, wondering if anyone could help with this.

I'm using a UK 1020, running consumer 8.1 with Cyan (no DP) and my Xbox Music app was updated automatically this morning to the latest version.

Since that update, I have found that when I open the app, it will function for around 10 seconds before crashing. Weirdly, the music will keep going, but when I reopen the app, it won't resume, opting instead to start up all over again (with the music still going, with no interruption). This will happen regardless of where I am in the app.

Whilst I can still listen to music, it's an absolute nightmare controlling the app like this and I was wondering if anyone has had this, either since the recent update or previously with other updates. I presume (well, hope would be a better word) the app will revert to it's previous non-crashing state with the next update, whenever that is, but if anyone has any fixes for this, I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks for any help!

ucheaanene

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my lumia 920. Started yesterday morning after an automatic update. Absolutely annoying. Can't control the app properly now, constantly crashes after 10 seconds.:cry::crying:

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, first time posting under my own username. I was the one who wrote the original post, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

I seemed to have fixed it, for now. I deleted all of my music off, and opened the app to find it no longer crashed. I've put some of my music back on, and it's working fine at the moment. I was reluctant to have to delete all of my collection but it did work, however obviously I can't guarantee that is a definite fix for everyone.

Hope this helps someone!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, first time posting under my own username. I was the one who wrote the original post, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

I seemed to have fixed it, for now. I deleted all of my music off, and opened the app to find it no longer crashed. I've put some of my music back on, and it's working fine at the moment. I was reluctant to have to delete all of my collection but it did work, however obviously I can't guarantee that is a definite fix for everyone.

Hope this helps someone!

Hey! I starting have thing problem on my new 1520! I plugged my old 920 into my PC, copied the music to it, then to my 1520 and then it was acting up. Tried deleting it all today and copied over JUST the music, not the hidden Artist, Album Art, and so forth folders and works like a charm now!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3