How do I fix the 8018830f error when updating Samsung ATIV S with wp8.0?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I'm in Portugal and I get this error every time I try to update

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to fix the 8018830f error when updating Samsung ATIV S with wp8.0

You have to free up some phone memory(atleast 3-5GB (clear IE cached and history, uninstall some apps), perform a soft reset then try updating again. Your last resort would be a hard reset.

Antonio Carretas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the information, but I already did everything you suggest, except for the hard reset. I have 8GB of free space, A SD card with 12GB of free space.

The version I have installed is 8.0.10327.77 (GDR2)

Since yesterday i get messages that a new version is available, but when i try to update the update downloads successfully, starts preparation but when it arrives to 10% it skips to 100% and stops with the error.

Ymmas

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

The same problem here in Germany since yesterday's update message. According to a German speaking forum, I found three cases, where the new update for the ATIV S failed exactly the way you described. One person even made a hard reset, yet without success. Problem is still there. All ATIV S have WP 8.0 GDR2.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I activated the dev preview and this time I was able to update to gdr3. A firmware update from samsung was included as well. I installed also a second update to prepare for 8.1. For now I deactivated DP.
So you are basically now on WP8 GDR3, did i understand correct?
And btw, good fix, thanks, will help some other people having the same issue.

Antonio Carretas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

So you are basically now on WP8 GDR3, did i understand correct?
And btw, good fix, thanks, will help some other people having the same issue.

Yes.Version 8.0.10532.166. I installed also the preparation for 8.1, (that is another update) but for now I decided not to install 8.1, because Samsung did not yet launched any firmware update for 8.1 and reading the forum it looks 8.1 on top of Samsung 8.0 firmware has a few bugs. The Gdr3 update included the update of samsung firmware for v 2424.13.10.1.

LarsvV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

I activated the dev preview and this time I was able to update to gdr3. A firmware update from samsung was included as well. I installed also a second update to prepare for 8.1. For now I deactivated DP.

I have the same error in the Netherlands. Can you help me to go through all these steps? I'm always a little bit scared doing tricks with my phone :S

Antonio Carretas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

Go to WP store and search for the app "Preview for Developers". Start the app and Enable it. Go to "Settings" and open "Phone update". Press the button to search for updates. You can install until the version I installed. Install also Samsung firmware updates when available.
Don't install 8.1 unless you don't mind to deal with bugs.

dimitris antonelos

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

(8018830f)do a soft reset ,then find for which country is your phone,(setings-apn)put the language you see(my is for t-mobile de and i put german)restart to do change,go again to do updates for work.sorry for my english

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS