Please help check internet sharing for me! DP 8.10.14176.243 - possible glitch in the matrix.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking for some information here. I thought that the lack of internet sharing was limited to my Samsung Ativ S. I became unable to use the internet sharing at all after the latest DP update (8.10.14176.243), and assumed it was an issue with firmware. I have inputted the correct APNs, I'm 100% sure, even changed my CSC away and back to TELUS as per their tech supports recommendation. Still nothing.

So I grabbed my trusty old HTC 8X, which I haven't used at all since updating to 8.10.14176.243, and for the first time ever the internet and mms APNs had to be manually set. And even after setting it up manually, my internet sharing gives the same error message as the Samsung. Says I'm not connected to the cellular network, which is obviously false of course.

My wife has a Lumia 930, running the previous version of DP (8.10.14157.200) and everything is working fine, including internet sharing.

I'm telling you, it worked perfectly across all devices before the most recent DP update.

Can anyone please confirm if their tethering is working, running the same software version?? Currently I'm suspecting a bug in the software not recognizing APNs. And I'm not sure what to do about it!

Again, please confirm you are running the most recent version of the developer preview as well as whether or not your internet sharing is functioning properly.

Please help!

Thanks!

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the input. I don't know what else to do. My HTC 8X is with Bell, and my Ativ S (Work Phone) is with Telus.

My co-worker also running an Ativ S with the same OS version, and his internet sharing appears to be working.

Guess I'll just live with it and not worry so much about it. The phone works like a new device except for tethering.

Booooo!

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Update - I checked my co-worker's settings again on his Ativ S. We both have SGH-T99M models on Telus, and the only difference is that next to Radio Software Version, he has a number. Where on mine next to Radio Software Version is blank.

The Telus support person was pretty sure this is what's causing my issue, that the latest update must have somehow wiped that setting out, and it is no longer recognizing the carrier/APN's.

Does anyone know how I can try to update again, or something, to attempt to get the Radio Software Version back in place appropriately?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss