Is it possible to access the Whatsapp backup file on a device like the Lumia 1020?

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My headphone jack has come loose on my 1020 - so I am now preparing to send the phone in to Nokia Care. I am working on the basis that they may have to reset my phone....and if they do, I would like to be able to restore everything to how it is now (that includes my Whatsapp history).
As it currently stands, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to transfer the Whatsapp database file to the newly restored phone (yet it is possible on any of the Lumia's that have removable SD cards).
So yes, is it possible to access this backup file?
Many thanks

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site
re:

Usually when I re-install my whatsapp I am giving the option to restore all my old messages (whatsapp gives me this option) so in theory... Yes it does :)

Thank you for the reply. I am actually expecting to have to completely reinstall my 1020. As such, I need to manually copy the Whatsapp backup file, and then restore it manually too...
I guess there isn't a solution out there yet. Hopefully Whatsapp will address it when they finally get around to giving us another update!
Thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3