Will TMOBILE finally get a decent Lumia?

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm at my wits end. I can't leave TMOBILE due to the best international roaming plan. I like the HTC M8 that's supposedly coming soon but I want a Lumia 830 or 735. Tired of my low end 635 and 530. Any word from TMOBILE? Even all the Canadian companies announced the 830. Is TMOBILE repressing sales of Windows phones or do they honestly think windows only sells well at the low end spectrum?

XT14N

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
It could also be Nokia/Microsoft's decision not to sell their high-end phones for T-Mobile. I think AT&T is still considered Nokia's premier partner for phones.

I'm pretty done waiting. My Lumia 810 eventually had a slightly bad USB. My wife got me the Lumia 1020 for my birthday. Now, I'm just going to wait for two more years when Microsoft has decided how they're going to market and support Windows 10 for phones.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm at my wits end. I can't leave TMOBILE due to the best international roaming plan. I like the HTC M8 that's supposedly coming soon but I want a Lumia 830 or 735. Tired of my low end 635 and 530. Any word from TMOBILE? Even all the Canadian companies announced the 830. Is TMOBILE repressing sales of Windows phones or do they honestly think windows only sells well at the low end spectrum?

Just buy the 830 on eBay and you should be set with full LTE/HSPA+ on T-Mobile. Why wait for their version? Unless wi-fi calling is important to you, you should just get the factory unlocked version here and get updates directly from Microsoft. Cheers!

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Great idea. I don't really need Wi-Fi calling. As long as the LTE bands work I will pick one up on eBay or Amazon. I didn't know it would work with TMOBILE because last year I bought a 625 on eBay and only had 2G asides from a few refarmed areas where I got 3G. Thx!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Great idea. I don't really need Wi-Fi calling. As long as the LTE bands work I will pick one up on eBay or Amazon. I didn't know it would work with TMOBILE because last year I bought a 625 on eBay and only had 2G asides from a few refarmed areas where I got 3G. Thx!!

The trick is to get the Latin American variant or RM version. The one on eBay is the correct version and quite a few members are using it on TMO and getting LTE. I would not buy it on Amazon just yet. Good luck. Also watch the item since it keeps dropping in price, it has come down from $400 to about $360.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon