Question about multi tasking

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I would like to ask you whether wp 8.1 permits real multitasking like android.am having lumia 820 can I open more than 3 apps at a time.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
It does and it doesn't at the same time; when you open a second app the first one is left hanging up on background. You can open lots of apps, but almost all of them will just freeze on background until you bring them back. Almost all of them, 'cause WP8.1 allows apps to be suspended instead of closed when you hit the Back button (like Facebook and Calendar). Resuming a frozen app can be a very small issue on 512 mb devices, as heavier apps will display the ''resuming'' message when you get back to them. I don't think the L820 will get many of those messages.

you can however set which apps can run on background on multitasking - like Whatsapp, for example. Even if you close it or open another app, allowing it to run on background will not stop it from getting new messages. Check ''Battery Saver'' on app list or settings menu to configure background process

sry for my broken english :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs