Why can't Whatsapp notification appear even on locked screen of Windows Phone 7.x?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can't the notification appear on the locked screen like in Android or iPhone? I am disappointed with this issue since Lumia 710. Now I am using Lumia 830. If there is an answer, please let me know how can I get the notification, not only for Whatsapp, but LINE, WeChat...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It can with Notification Center and Windows Phone 8.1.

The 710 is an old device that won't get any further support (end of support was last month). Developers will not support Windows Phone 7.x, since Microsoft doesn't even support it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Why can't the notification appear on the locked screen like in Android or iPhone? I am disappointed with this issue since Lumia 710. Now I am using Lumia 830. If there is an answer, please let me know how can I get the notification, not only for Whatsapp, but LINE, WeChat...

You should be able to see all your notifications in the notification center of your Lumia 830 because it is running Windows Phone 8.1 and with the Denim firmware (Reference: Microsoft). I am receiving notifications for WhatsApp, Line, WeChat (and all my other apps) normally in my phone.

How did you know that you're not receiving notifications?*

*- In Line, for example, there is an option to "mute" a specific thread. The tile would display "tile counts" without notifications when messages arrive in that "muted" thread.

Bong Tze Yong

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I thank you all for your quick replies to my question. Firstly, may I know what is Glance? Secondly, I did change the Lock Screen settings to have both Whatsapp & LINE being featured for notification, but nothing come out. And my reply to how do I know, it's because I have asked my friend send message through Whatsapp, other member of the group received it (they were sitted around me) but I did not. I have to access into Whatsapp, then only it showed.
ps: Sorry for my poor English!:sweaty:

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I thank you all for your quick replies to my question. Firstly, may I know what is Glance? Secondly, I did change the Lock Screen settings to have both Whatsapp & LINE being featured for notification, but nothing come out. And my reply to how do I know, it's because I have asked my friend send message through Whatsapp, other member of the group received it (they were sitted around me) but I did not. I have to access into Whatsapp, then only it showed.
ps: Sorry for my poor English!:sweaty:

Glance is a feature in some Lumias (including the 830) which allows you to see the time, notifications and now weather without needing the press the power button on to see the lock screen. You can find this feature in your settings.
First check that you haven't simply muted your group chat in WhatsApp. If you have set your lock screen to show WhatsApp notifications but you're not receiving any notifications, check that you have set WhatsApp to notify you in Notifications+Actions. If you have WhatsApp notifications switched on, and it still doesn't work, try reinstalling the app.

Your English is fine. :)

Bong Tze Yong

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks nicfromwales!
Unfortunately, it's still not working. I will try uninstall the app & reinstall again. Anyway, don't you wish that WP could improve these social chat app feature, to have the notifications or the messages pop-up on our lock screen, just like what iOS & Android having? Really hope WP could have this feature soon!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I owned 710 and always (10/10)had notification problems with WhatsApp IF my WhatsApp was opened and then screen gets locked. They never fixed it and I guess still haven't. Anyway the only solution for this is (works most of the time) when you finish texting close WhatsApp dont let screen get locked when it's opened.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try enabling it in battery saver to run WhatsApp line in background works fine but android puts entire notification in lock screen.But I like wps way of showing icons on lock screen.
From Windows phone

abdul kadir4

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Brother i upgraded my phone to win10 the build preview.. And i tried setting d whatsapp notification on my lock screen like i had in win8.1 but its not setting i ain't gettin notification on lock screen though it is seen on notification bar.. I reinstalled the app too.. And installed it back.. But its d d same

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786