Why am I getting the error code 80070003 on Xbox music?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

error code 80070003 xbox music, music won't play at all on lumia 830

Brand new Lumia 830 and brand new sandisk 128GB ultra sd card.

Done everything by the book. Transferred music won't be played by xbox music.
Instead I get "Sorry, Your phone can not play this file, error code 80070003".

I can find the music using "Files" and play one song at a time. The files/the music can also be played by 3rd party apps like "Cool Music" and "Music Now". But I can't stand their commercials . . .
Done the "Soft Restart" or whatever it's called (english not being my native language), Reformatted the card 3 times, synced just 100 songs the last time (I have 5600 songs on iTunes that I've tried to sync - all music is either bought from iTunes or rippped from my CDs - DRM free!)

I've come to the conclusion that I am doing nothing wrong!
The "WRONG" is in WP 8.1 Denim or in Xbox music . . .

OR. . . does anyone have a good expalantion or a remedy for this problem.

Stekar

ps I had/have a Nokia 808 Pureview, tranferred all my music (35GB) to its 64GB card without ANY problem at all. I thought this would be just as easy, the 830 being a much more modern phone with a much more modern OS . . .
Sorry if I sound all disappointed but that's really how I feel. Have searched the web and tried "everything" to get my music on the phone but to no avail . . .

ps 2 -Why aren't You using Your Nokia 808 then?
- Because it fell on its "head" while charging breaking the charger contact. So I bought a Lumia 830.

wososh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: error code 80070003 xbox music, music won't play at all on lumia 830

I am struggling with the same issue on my L620. I think it is not the matter of large microSD cards (I have a 64GB one) but the problem more likely lies in the Xbox music library data. Just try ejecting the SD card, go back to the Xbox music and try playing any of the files, that were not playable before. It still gives you the same error code. The library itself is not refreshing and dead entries cannot be removed manually nor automatically. I think this is the problem - even if you have formatted your card / re-copied all your music files, the library remains corrupted.

I switched to Nokia mix radio and found no problems. It gives you the ability to listen to the music stored on your SD card or phone memory. You can pin 'My music' to the start screen as well. Just give it a try.

Last edited:

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: error code 80070003 xbox music, music won't play at all on lumia 830

I had the same problem with my L630. I deleted the songs that gave the error via the xbox Music, and when I connected to the computer, the error songs showed up in the memory card. I deleted them from there as well. Copied them again, disconnected the phone and waited for a while, and they worked fine afterwards.

saibabu bellamkonda

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
i have buyed a new lumia 540 and i have loaded songs in my sd card and those songs are not playing and it showings an error code80070003 and i have safely removed my sd card and connect to system and load the songs again and again it shows the same error code and the songs are not playing songs :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Follow some steps:
1. Switch off the Wi-Fi/dataplan.
2. Head to date+time settings
3. Change the year to 2075(I used it).
(put the automatically time update off after changing year)
4. Restart your phone.(don't confuse with soft reset)
5. After switching on your phone, open Music.(and let the searching go on)
6. Now change the year to current and turn on automatically update.

Enjoy!!!
{ tested on Lumia }

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99