Weird call/text from wife's phone. Hacked? Dying device?

Svoboda

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Wife has a Lumia 1020 and we're on AT&T. A little bit ago I received a call from her so I picked up and it was just a clicking sound over and over. I hung up and called her back but it went to voicemail. A few minutes later I got a relatively long text that looked like someone just randomly hitting keys but it also had 10 or so words in it that are common to where I live.

I called her back again about 30 minutes later and asked if she pocket dialed or texted me and she said no. I also asked her if her phone rang when I called her and she stated it didn't -- and it is glued to her hand. Told her to take a look at her phone and she told me it looks like she got the same text and that her email apps were open including her work email that requires a pass code. Did her phone get hacked some how or is the device just pooping out?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually its pretty easy to hack into a phone I've tried it before in my 1020 as well but I'm don't have a lot of knowledge about it so better to go to a police, repair shop or whatever that might help you because they maybe hacked into your wife's phone. turn off the internet connection if not using it, hacking programs can only hack with internet connection.

Edit: Also before you freak out, check for some possibilities that might caused it. It may or may not be a hack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes