I just got a wp8.1 phone, to replace an old 7.8 phone I have. I have pictures/data on the old phone. When I connect into Zune to transfer the data, nothing happens and it says the device isn't found. Tried multiple USBs...
    12-06-2014 10:23 AM
    I just got a wp8.1 phone, to replace an old 7.8 phone I have. I have pictures/data on the old phone. When I connect into Zune to transfer the data, nothing happens and it says the device isn't found. Tried multiple USBs...
    Microsoft abandoned the almighty Zune software for God knows what. WP8 devices and up wont be recognized by it anymore. Keep your old phone/zune if you want to keep using it. I'm pretty sure its a mutual agreement between all windows phone users that we miss Zune and that it is waaayyyyy better than Xbox Music
    12-06-2014 10:26 AM
    Use Zune to transfer the data from your old phone. To transfer it to the new phone, use drag and drop via folders - Zune doesn't support 8.1
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-06-2014 10:26 AM
    Microsoft abandoned the almighty Zune software for God knows what. WP8 devices and up wont be recognized by it anymore. Keep your old phone/zune if you want to keep using it. I'm pretty sure its a mutual agreement between all windows phone users that we miss Zune and that it is waaayyyyy better than Xbox Music
    I know I tried to connect the 7.8 device with zune and it didn't work.
    12-06-2014 10:27 AM
    There are two ways to transfer data onto your WP 8.x device. The phone will show up in Windows Explorer like a USB thumb drive. You can drive and drop files onto it. Or, you can download a Windows Phone connector app.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 for the desktop, click here: Windows Phone app for desktop | Windows Phone (United States)

If you have Windows 8 and want to use the metro style app: Windows Phone app for Windows in the Windows Store
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-06-2014 10:40 AM