Memory card not found

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I am have a 520. My memory card is being shown as not found. I am using a transcend class 10, 8gb memory card. I have been using it for nearly one year. I have previously had my memory card getting corrupted 4 to 5 times. In storage sense, it is being shown as not found. I tried to connect via USB to my pc, but sd card is not being shown. What do I do

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you unmount the card and power down before removing the card? Do you always insert the card when powered down and then boot up?

It is an issue if your cards are getting corrupted as often as you state and that needs to get solved.

​I'd power down (since you can't unmount) and remove the card. Put the micro in a full size SD adapter and check it on the computer with a card reader to see if it is still good. Maybe it is... Sounds like probably not.

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I did not understand what you meant by unmount. If you meant by removing the memory card, then yes. I did remove the card and tried to restart without the memory card. Afterwards I put memory card in my mobile and restarted, memory card was being shows in the files app without some of the files showing error. But when I checked in storage sense, it is being shown as memory not found. I tried connecting it to my PC, but it is not being shown

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you just physically pull the card out without any other steps? This will corrupt a card quickly and why I ask is you say you get bad cards 4-5 times in a year.

The correct procedure is to open Storage Sense > tap SD card > tap remove card button (this is the unmount) > power phone down > only then should the card be physically removed from the slot...

Install a card only when the phone is powered down and then boot the phone.

If you do these steps and your cards still go bad all the time you have something else going on. A defective card slot. A vendor who sells you bad cards. Magnetic or electrical interference in where you store unused cards... Something.

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
oh yes, i normally do remove memory card only after properly unmounting, power down and then remove memory card. Recently also before my memory card got corrupted, i tried to do that only. But memory card was being shown in storage sense. Later i powered down then i removed it and again put it back. Tried it several times, but no change. Finally had my phone hard reset, and still the storage sense shows memory card not found. I have attached some screenshots.
wp_ss_20141221_0006.pngwp_ss_20141221_0003.pngwp_ss_20141221_0004.pngwp_ss_20141221_0005.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs