i have uninstalled my FB app from my phone since i can now upload pictures on my FB account using IE 11

and to view your messages in the FB app, you would have to download another messenger app, which eats another phone memory

so whats the purpose of having an FB app if youre using an improved IE browser?

also, with IE, you can customize your post to specific people

setting that with the FB app, will also direct you to your default browser which is IE, so whats the purpose of still having an FB app?
    12-18-2014 03:38 AM
    Well you couldn't get notifications for messages and other stuff if you use FB only on explorer.
    Also if you want to share image for example you can't share it unless you start explorer and go to FB.
    You can't do that from image directly.
    12-18-2014 04:06 AM
    Also, FB app has a "go to top" button which is very useful for checking notifications instantly and, going to the top of course, to see the latest posts.
    12-18-2014 04:34 AM
    I tried logging GB from ie.images are not scaling properly am I missing something I here meant it is not optimized for mobile version.
    12-18-2014 10:17 AM
    I tried logging GB from ie.images are not scaling properly am I missing something I here meant it is not optimized for mobile version.
    Use IE in landscape mode, images will be scaled properly. Also, switching to the 'Most Recent' page scales image properly while in portrait mode.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    12-18-2014 11:00 AM
    Also, FB app has a "go to top" button which is very useful for checking notifications instantly and, going to the top of course, to see the latest posts.
    but opera mini beta can do the same with only less MB to download than the FB app
    12-19-2014 06:55 AM
    but opera mini beta can do the same with only less MB to download than the FB app
    It downloads less MB because it downloads low quality image thumbnails on the websites. Images look pixelated even if the image quality is set to high in opera mini's settings (which is annoying). And it shows limited amount of news feed per page. Tapping "see more posts" every minute just to see all the post is more time consuming than just scrolling down. For heavy facebook users I don't think opera mini is a better alternative.
    12-23-2014 12:14 AM