I'm gonna upgrade tomorrow! Help me guys!

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Windows Central peeps!

So tomorrow I'm gonna upgrade from Lumia 520 to a midrange device. (Yeah. Cause I'm just a student though. Need a front cam haha) So these are my choices: (not all of them are WP but I'll explain! :D)
iPhone 4s 8GB
LG G3 S/Beat (don't like it much)
Lumia 730/735

So. Yup. I have an iOS and Android devices on my choices. Why? Because there's something that I've always wanted to have in WP but there's already on the other 2 OS's. BUT I love Nokia than ANY OTHER BRANDS. It's just that Nokia is different. NEVER USED a phone that isn't Nokia. But (yea lots of but) the Apps. Hmmm. This is my question to WP Apps though. Because there seems to be a big difference between 1GB and 512MB devices. Are there still plenty of Apps that still requires 1GB?

My last question. Which phone do you think deserves to be called an "Upgrade" from Lumia 520? That's only my budget though. You can suggest phones too! I would love to hear lots from you guys! :)) Thank youuuu :D

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Since you can afford the 735 I would say pick that one. The 735 is not available here in the US for now either. I managed to find a Lumia 920 online at a good price (under $150). I would recommend this one as well as even though it is an older phone (2012) it was the flagship Lumia back then and it is much better than the 520 which was the budget phone.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Since you can afford the 735 I would say pick that one. The 735 is not available here in the US for now either. I managed to find a Lumia 920 online at a good price (under $150). I would recommend this one as well as even though it is an older phone (2012) it was the flagship Lumia back then and it is much better than the 520 which was the budget phone.

I'll second this. The 1520 and 920 are THE flagships despite age. Don't know about the 1520, but I know my 920 can do everything these new Lumias can do, plus it has all the features that are missing on a few. From what I've seen the 920 is the most feature packed Lumia on the market still, plus having roughly another year of updates still left for it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I believe if you strongly looking at software and app support, Android would be that best, as there are a lot more open sourcing with andriod and variable methods to upload OS updates to your phone without dependency towards the cellular carrier or the phone model. As far as Windows phone, although its been confirmed that any phone with Windows Phone 8.1 will get Windows Phone 10, The 520 will probably be slower with the new update. I feel as if that is the case you might as well wait for new Microsoft/windows phone 10 built models coming next year. So for now I would say the Moto G as it comes with the lastest (Andriod 5.0 Lollipop), The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, and Huawei Ascend P6 are still rumored to get 5.0 soon. *Note that there is still a high chance that 5.0 lollipop may be coming to those devices as lollipop came out just a month ago. As far as temporary phones until the next windows phone 10 models come out, I think that the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini or the Huawei Ascend P6 will do. Although you may not get the most up-to-date to OS, all the android apps will still work! C:

Moto G is junk unless you get the 2GB ram version. The Android version has a nasty bug where it manages memory badly, even with Lollipop. 2GB version is ok though. But it's sad that a 1GB RAM Android phone is out performed by a 512MB Windows phone.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
any lumia except the 530 is an upgrade to the 520. Buying the iPhone 4s is a bad idea since it wont support the next update and you wont get "app freedom" because of the non-expandable 8 gb storage. What is the advantage of having a lot of apps in your platform if you cant install them on your phone.?

Get a lumia 730

Megsh

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps till now you should have bought ur phone till now, sorry for late reply, but I agree with u, facing same issues with my 520 as well, but the android phones I've recommended are the BST trust me Moto g 1st gen has been used by me and it works flawlessly but if u could wait, you can go for one plus one mini (its abt to get announced) or MI5 which too is an excellent phone jst check it out on net( its a bezeless phone).....

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I 4s is an old phone n 8gb is limited and battery life sucks, L730 is L720's successor which had battery life as one of its strong points, I own one, from the specs I see L730 has improved on that. so go for 730 hands down, u'll get w10 nxt yr.

btw is Lumia 535 available in your country?

Yes it's available. Though it doesn't have the impact for me to buy it. Lumia 730's design is so sexy. Haha

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Any bets on these guys still procrastinating this time next year? Even money says they still will not have made a decision.

Remember: You cannot make a good or bad decision until you have first made a decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12