Why does my Lumia 730 screen go black when making a call?

W

WPCentral Question

Lumia 730 screen goes black when making call.

When I am either making a call or receiving it,my new lumia 730 screen gets automatically locked and It won't respond immediately.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 screen goes black when making call.

When you dial out or pick up a phone call, the proximity sensor activates. The purpose is to turn off the screen when you put the phone up to your ear, so you don't inadvertently push buttons where your phone screen contacts your face. If you wave your hand over the proximity sensor while on a call, it will blank the screen.

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, pls do not apply any screen guard. It interferes with the proximity sensor and causes issues such as screen going black when you make a call, unresponsive double touch etc. I removed the screen guard from my L730 and everything seems just fine now

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am facing this problem after putting tempered glass. Please suggest solution. Or which brand glass to put.

The protector is likely blocking the sensor, make sure its aligned, but you may have to get a different protector.

Guys, pls do not apply any screen guard. It interferes with the proximity sensor and causes issues such as screen going black when you make a call, unresponsive double touch etc. I removed the screen guard from my L730 and everything seems just fine now

A screen guard is fine if it has cutouts for the sensors. it appears the one you had didnt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon