Why can't I transfer my ebooks from WP8 to PC?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Nokia Lumia 925, I downloaded some e-books (in e-pub) on my device, now I want to transfer them to my Sony E-reader. But I can't, my PC (Windows 7)doesn't "see them" , he sees my music + Photos + Videos but says my documents and downloads are empty. I tried installing a file manager : he doesn't see them. I tried sending an e-mail with an attachment : doesn't find them. But my e-book reader sees them (bookviser), so they are on there. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 925, I downloaded some e-books (in e-pub) on my device, now I want to transfer them to my Sony E-reader. But I can't, my PC (Windows 7)doesn't "see them" , he sees my music + Photos + Videos but says my documents and downloads are empty. I tried installing a file manager : he doesn't see them. I tried sending an e-mail with an attachment : doesn't find them. But my e-book reader sees them (bookviser), so they are on there. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance

They must be stored within the Bookviser app's application storage. I suggest you look in that app for a save or email option within there.

If the Files app cannot see them, a PC won't.

...I just installed the app as I'd not heard of it. Does look like they're hidden. There is a OneDrive synchronization option which may or may not help you backup books to there and then you'd get them from your PC. Couldn't see any other way to save books. In a way they want to keep you captured in their ecosystem which is odd for a DRM-free epub reader.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I was about to start looking for an e-reader. I'm going to have to make sure I do some research to make sure the reader saves it to a public location, else I'm not going to want to use it. I'll want to switch between my laptop and phone on a regular basis, so application storage won't be an option for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon