How long will the battery of lumia 930 last(a year or two or what?)

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I want to buy Lumia 930, micro sd is not any problem but battery is. As the battery is non-removable I am worried about how long it will take to die.. I am buying it without contract and wish to use it at least 4-5 years. and how much does it cost to replace the old battery with a new one???
thanks for reading and hope you can help me with my concern. :)
and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
depends how much you use it, 2 years is the average, replacing a battery with that phone might or might not be complicated, its sealed but it can be opened pretty easy, the actual battery might be hard to find though, and 2 years from now that phone will be long forgotten

Anindya Guha1

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
and i do wish to have it forr long time because it is the last nokia for me. i might just keep it at home connected with a usb power bank but I want it not to die completely after 2 years. and somewhere I read, after 300-500 cycle, the capacity becomes around 80%, it doesnt die, so I just want to be sure. thanks for your help

Stuperior

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently sent my Nokia 808 to a care centre, I've found them to be very helpful. Have also sent a 720 to them before for out of warranty work and again they were very willing and helpful. I wouldn't have any concerns of asking them to change a battery in a few years tine at all. I would say you'll get nearer 3 years before you really started to experience it lasting a lot less than normal. (Typical recharge life of a battery is listed as 1000 times - so that's once a day, everyday, for 3 years).

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
and i do wish to have it forr long time because it is the last nokia for me. i might just keep it at home connected with a usb power bank but I want it not to die completely after 2 years. and somewhere I read, after 300-500 cycle, the capacity becomes around 80%, it doesnt die, so I just want to be sure. thanks for your help

IF you do that, you will have a dead battery within a month, happened with my N97 using it as a 3g hotspot, a wireless charger might help a bit since it only tops the battery off every hour or so, but even then its a complete overkill to keep a phone charging all day

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
answers from experienced guys who used phones with a non-removable batteries for a while.

Don't worry about the non-removable battery. I'll be OK. (It's OK for most other people who use phones without an easily replaced battery.
My 920 is still A-OK after a year.
My sister's iPhone 4 is still not-bad-at-all after 3-4 years.
My dad's Palm m500 PDA still has decent life after over a decade.

It really depends. My laptop's batteries? Not so great.

Cost of replacement would cost a significant amount, but you can get a battery for not-too-much and DIY if you choose for a lot less.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Plus there are loads more factors too take In to consideration... How many times do you play games, is it on WiFi, is location on, notifications add a bit too.... But to be honest on ebay you can buy batteries for loads of phones going back to the 90's so they wouldn't be a problem at all. I have the 1520 and expect 3 years before I see problems. And if I do... I will order a battery and get a service shop to install it for around ?20

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes