Trouble disconnecting from WiFi network

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Over the past few days I've been having an issue with my 920 (Running the latest DP, with Cyan and its a UK CV variant). Basically, when I leave my house (and my home WiFi network), my phone doesn't seem to realise that I am no longer within range of the network. The WiFi symbol still shows in the top left corner, but with one bar. This means my phone stops defaulting to my work WiFi when I arrive - I have to go into WiFi settings and manually select it even though it is an automatic network. It's no more than a minor inconvenience, it just confused me and I wondered if it was a known DP issue.

I've done the usual things, soft resets, forget WiFi network etc with no joy. I'm reluctant to hard reset for something so minor.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you go home then your phone disconnect from the work WiFi.
If so it's maybe a "problem" with your WiFi router.
You could try to reset your home router.
( i have 3 Lumia phones on DP and do not have this problem)

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally what I do is turn wifi off when I leave home then when I get home turn Wi-Fi on again and it connects straight away.

The problem is the phone thinks its still should be getting signal from wifi when you leave the house and goes into "search" mode to try to get the signal again and eventually gets stuck in that loop. So just turn of wifi when your out (saves battery too) and turn it back on when you need it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck