Lumia 830 or 930?

Victor Mahov

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been wondering between this two devices. I want to change my Lumia 820. It fits me perfect but I really like the design of the new 830 and 930. I will miss the sd card support and the removal battery on 930. So guys, please help me choose!

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of topics with the comparison in the forum..

Overall the 930 is a lot more phone than the 830, better screen, camera, processor, ram, and the 32g is more than enough for an average user. the 930 it's an better experience.

Amoled gives you better colors and blacks vs ips and is lighter on the battery.

My g930 doesn't get that hot especially after denim, my 925 get way more overheat.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
There are a lot of topics with the comparison in the forum..

Overall the 930 is a lot more phone than the 830, better screen, camera, processor, ram, and the 32g is more than enough for an average user. the 930 it's an better experience.

Amoled gives you better colors and blacks vs ips and is lighter on the battery.

My g930 doesn't get that hot especially after denim, my 925 get way more overheat.

AMOLED has better blacks, IPS has natural colors, better whites and it's not so battery hungry.

Jan Sochor

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the same 830/930 dilemma, while picking the phone.
I went for the 830 bc of better battery, glance, because it was much more comfortable to hold than the 930. 930 also had the heating issues - it got really hot even performing tasks during which you wouldnt think it would. I also didn't wanna risk the display issues and bugs that a lot of users are complaining about. Display wise - yes, 930 has a better, sharper display in comparison, but 830 is more than good enough, its plenty sharp.

If you use the phone for generic tasks such as internet, mail, chatting and stuff like that, you won't basically see a performance difference between both of them. Where the 930 wins is when playing hardcore 3d games and obviously camera and image processing - so if you do a lot of photos, it will handle them quicker.

If you care about battery life, 830 is better (the battery doesn't have to handle such powerful processor and display).

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED has better blacks, IPS has natural colors, better whites and it's not so battery hungry.
IPS have better color? ok it cam produce very realistic color but amoled gives you a wider contrast range and more vivid color so overall it looks better, amoled only loses to ips in sharpness because of the pentile display and whites. The amoled blacks are so good that the screen almost disappears from the bezel.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
IPS have better color? ok it cam produce very realistic color but amoled gives you a wider contrast range and more vivid color so overall it looks better, amoled only loses to ips in sharpness because of the pentile display and whites. The amoled blacks are so good that the screen almost disappears from the bezel.
On IPS you can adjust the color levels to get AMOLED like colors.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 830.. Because its little cheaper. But has almost all the features the 930 plus I like having a removable battery and SD. As far as screen I agree 930 has a better screen but the 830 is no slouch. The camera is excellent more mp don't always mean better.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, AMOLED has a tendency for the colors to be overly bright. I really don't like the saturation. It "burns" my eyes and leads to eye fatigue.

I also like IPS LCD for the better visibility in sunlight. If you've ever used both for navigation in car during the day, you will immediately be able to tell the difference.

I've had more success tweaking IPS LCD than Amoled to get the screens to look how I want them to.

Back to the subject at hand...

@ Victor Mahov; are you in the US? If so, 930 will not get LTE on AT&T or T-Mo, but an 830 will in either an AT&T or the Factory Unlocked RM-985 version.

That might be a deciding factor...

Victor Mahov

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
RumoredNow : No, unfortunately I'm not from the US. I'm from small country in Europe and here we don't have LTE for now. Maybe after two-three years we'll have but for now the LTE is not a deciding factor. After I've read all the new comments I'll probably go for the 830 because of the lowest price and mainly for the battery life. I use my phone to make a couple of calls, emails, chat and listening to music. Hope 830 won't disappoint me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes