Why can't I change the date and time on my Surface RT?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why can't I change the date and time on my surface RT?

after surface automatically downloaded and installed windows updates, I started to have some issues with web certificates...found that the new windows system date is now June XX, 2167. The windows update log shows the update being installed on this 2167 date, so seems that the update did this somehow.

Asking windows to automatically set the date results in the same goofy date; when attempting to manually change the date and time i don't get any options in the date drop-down menus and thus cannot change the date at all.

Can I roll back the windows update somehow to un-do all this? It's essentially a paperweight right now, and MS help doesn't have anything on this scenario at all.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can't I change the date and time on my surface RT?

Have you tried doing this from the Desktop? Click on the time in the bottom right, then try setting the time zone and checking "Auto adjust...". Restart your computer and see if the time remains correct.

Gideon D

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I am having this same problem. It thinks it is 2076, and I can only roll it back 30 years by changing the date manually. Turning the date and time sync on and off doesn't change anything. How did you fix it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac