Phone recommendation with good microphone for my job?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all, I have a question. For my job, I track down squeaks and rattles in cars for the manufacturer so that they can fix the problem before the cars are released to the public. I am looking to get a new phone with a good microphone on it as my number 1 priority and number 2 priority would be good low light picture taking abilities. I was thinking about the 929, 928 or 1020. I wondered if you guys had any recommendations?

Also I have another question, I need the phone to be able to do a couple things, I would like to figure out a way to change the name of the picture, or somehow label the picture, or put text on the picture with information such as the cars VIN #, model and date. This way I can label the pictures and video that I take without getting them confused.

In addition to this I would like to be able to figure out a way to have two separate folders for pictures with one of them being password protected. Does anyone know how I can do this?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Tons of apps can do all the image editing. Devices with good mics are all those with HAAC mics. Low light is another thing. I'd recommend a Lumia 830, 930, 1020 is a bad idea as the picture taking is extremely slow and overkill, you're better off with a 925 (928). These all have the HAAC mics and the low light capability.

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well it is not the High Amplitude sounds I want to be able to record, but quieter buzzing sounds as interior panels vibrate while I'm playing sine waves through the car speakers. Also, slow picture processing shouldn't be a big issue because I only take 1 picture or so per minute. Is it possible to have the phone just take the 5 megapixel photo and ignore/delete the larger 30 + megapixel photo?

Also, Can I use a 928/920/930 on AT&T if it is unlocked?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well it is not the High Amplitude sounds I want to be able to record, but quieter buzzing sounds as interior panels vibrate while I'm playing sine waves through the car speakers. Also, slow picture processing shouldn't be a big issue because I only take 1 picture or so per minute. Is it possible to have the phone just take the 5 megapixel photo and ignore/delete the larger 30 + megapixel photo?

Also, Can I use a 928/920/930 on AT&T if it is unlocked?

High amplitude microphones (of which most mid-to-high-end Lumias from the 925 onwards have) are more sensitive than regular microphones because they have a higher current available, so in your case it would make hearing quieter squeaks easier. Go with the Icon/930/1520 if you can, they're definitely more future-proof than phones like the 1020 due to the Snapdragon 800 processor in them

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Also, is it possible to upload the pictures and video immediately to a google drive? Is there a good app for this?

WP8.1 has OneDrive integration for auto-uploading photos and videos, there's also Rudy Huyn's awesome CloudSix app for Dropbox, but I'm not aware of any good solutions for Google Drive...sorry. I wouldn't imagine there would be a good first-party solution given how well Google and Microsoft get along....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon