What country's ROM it is?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Well it's definitely middle east. IR though... I haven't a clue. Officially IR stands for Iran, but the thing is, the RM-937 (Lumia 1520) hasn't been released there at all. Officially anyway.

I still think it's an Iranian rom for the Lumia 1520. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it.

audi360

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Well it's definitely middle east. IR though... I haven't a clue. Officially IR stands for Iran, but the thing is, the RM-937 (Lumia 1520) hasn't been released there at all. Officially anyway.

I still think it's an Iranian rom for the Lumia 1520. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it.

How do I know if I got denim or if I'll get it at all? Iran isn't listed in Microsoft's site. Should I change ROM?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I think they are linked to the United Arab Emirates devices. That's what some WP news site there was maybe saying, though my translation was horrific. I would wait until they get it, then maybe your 1520 too. But it indeed is odd that it's not mentioned. Though I can't imagine it will stay without update.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It most likely is a Country Variant in the Middle East Region. They should all update at the same time.

I looked at this late last night and had no definitive answer, so I didn't post at that time.

Internationally IR stands for Iran, there is an Iraq version of the 1520. Most users posting about RM-937-im-mea3-1029 seem to be posting in Persian, so there is that... It might be an Iraq ROM even though the country code should then be IQ according to international standards.

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It most likely is a Country Variant in the Middle East Region. They should all update at the same time.

I was under the same impression that all ME phones get updated at the same time , but my KSA variant 1520 was updated to Denim last night and WC reported UAE 1520s getting it too whereas other ME region countries didn't get it, so it is country wise after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon