Why won't Windows 10 install on my pc ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why windows 10 won't install on my pc ?

I have been trying to upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 for 4 days and every time it restores the previous version of windows all by itself.
why is the even happening ?
please some help !!!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: why windows 10 won't install on my pc ?

Try a clean install instead of an upgrade. Keep in mind though, you won't be able to go back doing it that way (I believe).

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Try a clean install instead of an upgrade. Keep in mind though, you won't be able to go back doing it that way (I believe).
You wont be able to go back either way, it replaces your recovery drive so no way to revert to your previous OS without the installation disc. Difference is doing a clean instal erases everything, so back up your important files!!!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

You wont be able to go back either way, it replaces your recovery drive so no way to revert to your previous OS without the installation disc. Difference is doing a clean instal erases everything, so back up your important files!!!

Really? I went back to my pervious version after an update. All my files / apps / programs where there after the rollback.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Really? I went back to my pervious version after an update. All my files / apps / programs where there after the rollback.

Huh, I thought for sure I heard you couldn't roll back without the disc. Must've been for the first few builds of windows 10 only then

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Huh, I thought for sure I heard you couldn't roll back without the disc. Must've been for the first few builds of windows 10 only then
Probably just the previous versions couldn't. I rolled back to my previous after seeing some issues. I did notice a few bugs after I rolled back too. Probably have to reinstall it all together :'(

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

Probably just the previous versions couldn't. I rolled back to my previous after seeing some issues. I did notice a few bugs after I rolled back too. Probably have to reinstall it all together :'(

My plan is to reinstall the next build when its released again to see if my issue was fixed. I don't care if there are bugs, I expect it, I just can't have it crashing my computer every thirty minutes like it was. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon