No network found?

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a Lumia 530 today as a first smartphone for my grandad from Carphone Warehouse (UK). They cut his SIM down to a Micro Sim and put it in the phone. I only just powered it up a couple of hours ago, but since I turned it on, its said "no network found" and obviously shows no signal. I have tried a soft reset, as well as removing and reinserting the SIM but nothing is working. Network selection is set to automatic (I have tried manually selecting Vodafone) and I have tried both options for Mobile connection profile (Vodafone UK Payg and Vodafone UK contract).

Strangely enough, I was able to import his contacts from his sim so it must be able to read it at least somewhat. So, my question is, is there anything I can try to get this working? It is for his birthday tomorrow, so I'm short on time, but I can go to the Vodafone store tomorrow if that's a necessity..

Cheers.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This seems more like a problem with the sim rather than the phone, but if you have another sim at hand you could try inserting it, just to be sure.. If you believe it's the phone then doing a hard reset in this case would help, however you'll have to go through the whole set up once again

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
This seems more like a problem with the sim rather than the phone, but if you have another sim at hand you could try inserting it, just to be sure.. If you believe it's the phone then doing a hard reset in this case would help, however you'll have to go through the whole set up once again

I was thinking it was probably the sim, it's just that I could import the contacts, that's what confused me. Thanks for the quick reply.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I have looked at the sim side by side with an O2 microsim I got a few weeks ago. On the cut down Vodafone sim, the entirety of one side is gold, whereas on the out of the box O2 sim only about 3/4 of it is gold. I think the voda sim may have been too old to be cut down and work correctly, so I'll pop in and see what they can do today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2