Is there a noticeable difference in boot up times with the SSHD Hybrid hard drive?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
sshd Hybrid hard drive

Hi guys my computer is 5 or 6 year old midi tower running windows 7.
I was thinking at first to get a new computer when windows 10 comes out but since this computer will be updated to win 10 I was thinking of waiting a while. But since it is getting long in the tooth I wanted to get a new hard drive.
Would I see a noticeable difference in boot up times with a sshd Hybrid drive given that this setup is SATA 2 and not SATA 3
The one I was thinking of getting has a 8GB Cash

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: sshd Hybrid hard drive

I have put a SSD (full) in my windows 7 laptop (sata 2) and it really gave a big jump in start-up from I think from 1-2 minutes to less than 25 seconds.
Furthermore a full virus check becomes much faster.
Actual after reading an article that installing an SSD can give an "old" PC again speed I installed it.
So I would recommend a SSD and use the "old" HHD as second (hope he fit's in the midi tower)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My SATA 2 laptop used to have an SSD, but i swapped it out for a 5400 rpm hard drive because space and stuff.

Performance is definitely slower than it used to be. (it was pretty speedy before, now it feels like its age is catching up to it)

romancos

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't install Windows10 on Seagate SSHD (hybride drive) ST500LM000 Installation wizard wont get past drive selection dialog and I've no driver to let it use for that. Even open source Linux Fedora 23 knows what Seagate SSHD drive is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes