Why is my screen randomly changing resolution?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why s my screen randomly changing resolution

I have searched for an answer to this problem. I will be in Metro mode, switch to desktop and all of a sudden it is like I went from the regular screen resolution to VGA mode. Then if I go back to Metro mode, all the icons are huge and I can only scroll to the edges, but the side charms bar does not come up.
The only way I have to fix it at this point is to reboot, which I have to go to desktop mode to do.

No other monitors attached - hte screen just changes when it wants to. I have not been able to come up with a set of actions that will recreate this consistently.

Any ideas or better yet - any solutions?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why s my screen randomly changing resolution

I have searched for an answer to this problem. I will be in Metro mode, switch to desktop and all of a sudden it is like I went from the regular screen resolution to VGA mode. Then if I go back to Metro mode, all the icons are huge and I can only scroll to the edges, but the side charms bar does not come up.
The only way I have to fix it at this point is to reboot, which I have to go to desktop mode to do.

No other monitors attached - hte screen just changes when it wants to. I have not been able to come up with a set of actions that will recreate this consistently.

Any ideas or better yet - any solutions?

What device are you referring to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3