Why is my desktop refreshing, and can't get monitor signal during system menus on my gaming PC

cebeezly

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,
I am having a crazy issue, and I am about 95 percent sure it is not hardware related. Basically the windows 10 login screen is fine, but when entering in my password and clicking login brings me to my desktop. All is normal for about 9 seconds, then my desktop starts flashing and refreshing where I don't have enough time to type in the run box or bring up any relevant settings. Another issue that has arisen is that when I hold shift and click restart the settings menu pops up,, but once I click troubleshoot, advanced, and startup my monitor is black as with bios and other system style menus. This did not occur until a recent windows update and it is killing me.
When logging in I've taken advantage of the 9 second window to try to run some commands in the command prompt, but "systemreset," "sfc scannow," disma does not quite work. I'm at a loss for words, and have tried everything except for installing linux. I've seen other people talking about the refreshing desktop issue, but it seems no one is having this issue in conjunction with the system settings not displaying. I've switched monitors and everything.
Thanks, in advance,
Chris :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris.

Most obvious thing to check right now is Windows Update or your hardware manufacturer of your graphics card for any updated drivers and then installing them and seeing if that helps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon