My Windows Phone lost almost all functionality, what can I do to get my phone working right again?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Phone Lost Almost All Functionality - Can Only Access Texts and Phone

Hello:

I have had a Nokia Lumia 1020 for about a year. I noticed about a month ago a few of my applications would not load. It would tell me that there was an error and that I had to either (a) buy the application; or (b) uninstall the application.

This only affected a few games at first (including Terraria which wiped a lot of hours of gameplay!). But it also, randomly, stopped happening to a few of my games (Tetris Blitz! for example).

Now the problem seems to have spread to critical core Windows applications. The first one I noticed was "Battery Saver." I will randomly get a warning that the application has stopped and that I should uninstall it or buy it. I can't uninstall it! Today the problem has spread to every single application on my phone. I can only access Messenger and Phone.

A soft reset requires me to wait about 20 minutes before my phone can be used. It takes about 10 minutes to identify the sim and about another 10 minutes before I can actually open messenger or the phone. Any attempt at any other application completely freezes the phone. I tried waiting 2 hours earlier today after clicking an application to see if it would eventually load, but to no avail.

The biggest concern is that I can't even access settings to try a hard reset. It's impossible to update. In fact, I haven't been able to update applications or my phone for a while now, either.

What are my options? Thanks for your help.

Lucas Cannon

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone Lost Almost All Functionality - Can Only Access Texts and Phone

I believe you are having a prolonged Microsoft Account sync error.

Set your date and time to manual... increase the date to 2017. Do a Soft Reset.

Change the date and time to set automatically... Do a Soft Reset.

Check that your date and time are accurate. Try and sync your Microsoft Account.... Settings > email + accounts > hold down on account name > tap "sync" from the popup menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium