Glance Background app is not working after Denim update on my Lumia 720

jeffinthomas1

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Recently I got the update of Denim from Cyan on my Lumia 720, after updating the phone and updating all the apps and stuff I noticed that Glance Screen is not showing the images from the glance background app. I tried soft reset as well as hard reset but without any help. The glance screen is working perfectly only the trouble is with Glance Background. Do tell me if this happened to you too after Denim update. And any way to get the Glance Background app running is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK the update to Denim from Cyan for the L720 did not result in a new installation of firmware (at least not for my UK CV model). I notice that under Glance screen settings there is a message that "your current background app does not support Glance screen". However, the Glance Background Beta app still works perfectly and I can set any background picture of my choice...strange

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I've just updated my L830 to "the real denim". The Glance Background app only displays plain black backgrounds. I'd love to have this running again as well.

EDIT: After some experimentation, I got it working again. First I changed the lock screen background to "photo" (it was previously set to Bing). Then in the glance screen settings, I set "Background app" to "on". I then opened the Glance Background, set my usual 4 backgrounds and set my lock screen back to Bing. Success!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos