How to get Snapchat/6snap?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So recently Microsoft took all 3rd party snapchat apps off the app store. I managed to find the .xap files for swapchat and 6snap (swapchat.xap and 6snap.xap). I put them on my phone and then i went to the appstore and tapped "Install Local Apps"... 6snap and swapchat are listed but i cant install them because they are under the "unsupported apps" thing. Is there any way I can either one back on my phone??

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Even if you could, they won't connect to Snapchat.
​Snapchat have stopped all unofficial apps from using their service.
​As there's no official app for Windows Phone, there's no Snapchatting.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So recently Microsoft took all 3rd party snapchat apps off the app store. I managed to find the .xap files for swapchat and 6snap (swapchat.xap and 6snap.xap). I put them on my phone and then i went to the appstore and tapped "Install Local Apps"... 6snap and swapchat are listed but i cant install them because they are under the "unsupported apps" thing. Is there any way I can either one back on my phone??

Would you be able to send me the .xap? I'd like to test it myself

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had 6snap installed on my phone for a while now, you haven't missed a thing.
Even if you did sideload, it wouldn't end too well. (Last time I tried I couldn't log in.)

Ah that sucks, but im a developer. I'm trying to find a way to bypass the errors. I just need .xap to try it. If I could get it that'd be great

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
And SnapChat have started blocking third-party apps on other platforms too now.
So there's two options:
1) use official app on another platform
2) use another service

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes