How to fix weak WiFi connection on winphone 8.1 for Lumia 735?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I recently got a lumia 735 with winphone 8.1 (denim). It works quite properly but the only problem is sometimes when I am connected to WiFi , I realize that I don't have internet access anymore (although the Wifi icon is still on). and it takes a lot of refreshing and retrying to make it work again. I face this problem almost every half hour...
once again, It does not disconnect from WiFi or become limited... the internet features and options remain the same , but with no access for about 4-5 mins.
I tries soft reseting my phone, but it didn't fix the issue
thanks in advance

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently got a lumia 735 with winphone 8.1 (denim). It works quite properly but the only problem is sometimes when I am connected to WiFi , I realize that I don't have internet access anymore (although the Wifi icon is still on). and it takes a lot of refreshing and retrying to make it work again. I face this problem almost every half hour...
once again, It does not disconnect from WiFi or become limited... the internet features and options remain the same , but with no access for about 4-5 mins.
I tries soft reseting my phone, but it didn't fix the issue
thanks in advance

The problem may not be with your phone but rather with your WiFi router or internet modem. You may need to reset your internet modem or WiFi router... this can be done by simply turning off the power to these devices for around 15 seconds to a minute and then turn them on again. Let us know if this works.

If that doesn't work, check internet stability in other devices connected to your WiFi router. If other devices also suffer from this problem, you may need to contact your internet service provider, especially if resetting your router and modem didn't work.

You may also want to create a Windows Central account so you'll be able to track responses to your query easily.

Tim McDermott

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue with my Nokia (Microsoft) 735. Maintaining a connection to my AC1600 series WiFi Router is unacceptable. I have roughly 7 other devices connected, without fail, to my high-end Netgear R6250, this phone will not maintain a steady connection regardless of any attempt to reboot, soft-reset phone, reboot router, reconfigure router to an alternate broadcasting channel, etc. It's also unfortunate that the 735 can't pick up a G5 signal from the router similar to the Lumia 822 (the phone I replaced with this 735).

I'll be returning this phone tomorrow; and will attempt another round with another 735. If that fails also, I'll need to probably step down to the Verizon LG. I'm not a gamer, so this phone should work well enough for my needs; which are basic internet connection to the internet connected network for email, calendar and phone exclusively. If I wanted a camera, I'd buy one.

Thus far, I'm very unimpressed with this Lumia 735 as it's lack of holding a network connections is a deal breaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon