How is the texture of the Lumia 635 shell?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just ordered a Lumia 630 online, but they only had it in black. I'd like to buy the green shell seperatedly, but I'd like to avoid covering it up with a TPU cover.

I noticed the Lumia 635 shell works with the Lumia 630 too, and from what I can see on video, it looks similar to TPU.

And so, I'd like to ask you, owners of an orange, yellow or green Lumia 635 (shell), what is the texture like? Does it just look like TPU, or does it have the same grip and protection?

I always use TPU covers, not just for the added protection, but also because they provide a lot of grip.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Green shell and installed it on my 635. It looks glossy, not matte.

It's hard to the touch, not soft like a TPU case. I still get good grip with it. I think it looks very nice. It feels a bit more rigid than the stock shell, IMHO. I'm not using a case ATM, but the 635 is just a toy for now to test Win 10 Insider.

Here is the one I ordered and am very happy with: Green Authentic Genuine Nokia Lumia 630 635 Hard Shell Case Cover | eBay

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Green shell and installed it on my 635. It looks glossy, not matte.

It's hard to the touch, not soft like a TPU case. I still get good grip with it. I think it looks very nice. It feels a bit more rigid than the stock shell, IMHO. I'm not using a case ATM, but the 635 is just a toy for now to test Win 10 Insider.

Here is the one I ordered and am very happy with: Green Authentic Genuine Nokia Lumia 630 635 Hard Shell Case Cover | eBay

How is the grip compared to the matte version? Would you recommend it over the matte version for the grip, or should I get the matte + a case. My Lumia 925 has a very rigid and stiff TPU case, which adds a lot of grip. Without it, my phone feels quite slippery, and could easily drop.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To me it is the same friction as the matte black on the 635 or 520. My Win HD and 1520 are both way more slick and benefit from a TPU case which is tackier than the shell...

It's about mid-range on the grip with the shell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon